Warranty & Care
Thank you for choosing Rip Curl
Please review the information below for any questions you may have regarding service, warranty or repairs of your Rip Curl product. If you're unable to obtain the information you're looking for, we'll be happy to assist you. The below information applies only to the express warranties that we choose to offer over certain products as set out below, which are in addition to and does not in any way impact upon, deny or derogate from non-excludable consumer guarantees provided under the Indonesian Consumer Law or similar laws.
For warranty service please send your watch directly to a Rip Curl Service Centre, as this warranty is void if the watch is opened by anyone other than the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre.
Lost your Watch manual or need to change your watch band? Follow the links below to the Rip Curl Watch website to get the information you need.Instruction Booklets
Our warranties only apply to watches purchased from authorised Rip Curl retailers (with purchase receipt from an authorised retailer). Without limitation to this, our warranties do not apply to products purchased from discount outlets, non-authorised online retailers, on Ebay or similar auction sites as we have no certainty as to where such products are sourced and how they have been treated.
- Two years on Movements from the date of purchase.
Note: A Movement is the part inside the Watch that makes it work, but it does not include the Crown, sometimes called the Winder.
- Two years on Waterproof from the date of purchase.
Note: We recommend all Watches be serviced, resealed and tested for water resistance every year as heat, temperature changes, salt and other elements will diminish waterproofness over time. Have this done at the Rip Curl Watch Service Center and we will then issue a new warranty for another year.
- One year on batteries from the date of purchase.
Note: Rip Curl's Service Center can replace all batteries and at the same time will reseal and test the watch functions and water resistance. We will then issue a new one year warranty on the new battery.
Battery Replacement. Rip Curl’s watch warranty service centre can replace all batteries and at the same time will reseal and test the watch functions and water resistance. We will then issue a new one year warranty on the new battery, water resistance and workmanship. Cost for battery changing will be given upon request.
Not covered by warranty:
- Dials / Hands
- Crown / Stem
The warranty is void if the watch is opened by anyone other than a Rip Curl Service Centre.
Also not covered is damage caused by general wear and tear or any accidental damage. All warranty claims MUST be sent with a purchase receipt clearly showing the purchase date.
The warranty book is not proof of purchase without a purchase receipt. eg. a purchase receipt is the cash register receipt or your credit card statement. Rip Curl reserves the right to repair or replace, with an equivalent style, any warranty watch.
Recommended Usage & Test
- 100M / 330ft - Suitable for Water Sports. eg. Surfing, Snorkelling, Swimming, Water Skiing.
- 200M / 660ft - Suitable for Water Sports. eg. Surfing, Snorkelling, Swimming, Water Skiing, Scuba Diving to standard legal depths.
Rip Curl watches are tested to the highest industry standards with the best Swiss pressure testing equipment and are purpose built for Surfing.
All Industry Standards watch testing is done to an overpressure situation in a static laboratory environment and does not signify a diving depth. See recommended usage table.
Due to the fact that Surfing is in no way a static sport there are influences that can effect a watches ability to keep water out. eg: Frequent temperature changes, salt water and big wipeouts can diminish the longevity of the watches rubber seals.
To keep your watch in peak condition for Surfing we recommend every 24 months you have your watch seals replaced and fully tested at the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre. RIP CURL PTY. LTD. assumes no responsibility for any loss, or any claims by third parties that may arise through the use of this watch.
- Only use your watch for approved sports as detailed above.
- Do not operate buttons under water.
- If watch is exposed to salt water, rinse thoroughly in freshwater and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not clean watch with spray cleaners, thinners or other such volatile agents.
- Do not wear leather bands in water, unless your watch features Surf Leather.
- Never try to open the watch. Have batteries changed by Rip Curl technicians only.
- Avoid exposing your watch to extreme temperatures.
- Should moisture appear inside the watch, have it checked by Rip Curl technicians.
- Though Rip Curl watches are produced to high standards avoid dropping the watch and rough treatment.
- Avoid exposing the watch to gasoline, cleaning solvents, aerosol sprays, paint etc as chemical reactions with such agents will destroy seals, case and finish.
- Avoid magnetic fields as they may effect the time keeping of your watch.
Thank your choosing Rip Curl. Your new Rip Curl watch has been designed and built to the highest quality and durability standards.
Watch need repairing?
Please send your Rip Curl watch to our Rip Curl Indonesia Service Center for repairs. Ensure the item is packaged so it will not get damaged in transit. Include your name, address, contact number and email address as well as a brief description of what the issue is. Please include a copy of your receipt or proof of purchase if your item is within the warranty. If your item is not covered by warranty we will issue you with a no obligation quote via email following assessment.
Rip Curl Indonesia Service
Jl. Sunset Road 69 Kuta, Bali. Indonesia 80361.
+62 361 754455 ext 401
+62 361 751745
9:00am to 5:00 pm Mon-Fri. (WITA)